First half year of the build
Monday, Feb 7, 2022     sibling,         skeg,   plywood,   bottom,   backbone,

I ordered most of the plywood I will need for hull and deck. I had some worries about the increase in prices but

the pine plywood is currently only 10% more expensive then last year. I also ordered 48kg epoxy and ~ 150sqm biax cloth.
With less then 2000€ for most of the plywood for the whole boat and less the 2000€ for all the cloth and epoxy which should be enough for finishing hull and deck, and which I btw use excessive and not really economical, I’m quite happy and within my budget.

The backbone is laminted and mostly finished.

Because the way I’m building the boat at the moment is mostly pre cutting and pre building work with no real visible progress, I took the opportunity and temporarily attached a few stations to the backbone to get some satisfaction.

Bow transom and bottom panel is also precut but I still need to glass and epoxy on the inside.

I had the idea that it would be nice to have a coloured control layer if someone needs to sand the skegs in the future, for example for the renewal of the Coppercoat in 10-15 years, so I mixed some pigments into the last layer of epoxy. I don’t know if that is worth the effort. It is probably to much and burning money and time. I don’t think that I will do this any further.